Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Midnight talks

Yesterday's evening (even night) was amazing: I took a cup of mint tea and we continued conversation with Katya at the playground in the yard. We started it in the shopping center, eating susi after almost one month of silence.

Why silence?

She told me almost the same things as Deniss wrote after Summeet - concerning our team, relations, people's feelings. But I've had some time to think about it already, so it didn't hurt so much. Actually, I re-discovered for myself the power of talking to people. Asking questions and being truly interested. In a flood of stupid administrative work I sometimes miss the feeling of Life.

The thing we discussed at the playground was "the way to challenge". Generally, the conclusion is simple: sometimes you are challenged when you don't expect at all, but you can increase the number of challenges by creating new experiences for yourself. And it should be the way you like the most: talking to people (as Katya Kh.), participating in all possible task forces and working groups (as I do), extreme sports (some of my friends). If the experience of deep conversation doesn't mean so much for you, go for smth else! I noticed, that I often judge my experience using the criteria of others which is totally not right.

I still can't imagine IC. I already have a lot of working meetings, but what I need is smth more spiritual, than "how to work with growth center". Probably, I'll not apply for Diversity Management just to keep some time for myself. Fuck off.

Today I was doing almost nothing (conciously), except talking to Lena and replying some mails. I went to the cinema (movie Stardust), bought green skirt (I miss red t-shirt! And sunglasses!) and ate a half of the cake (my dinner).

About "Stardust" - one moment which almost made my cry: heroes are going to one place, to get smth important for each of them and there is fucking beautiful landscape and extremely strong feelings (whatever was it: love, willing of power, anger...) When did I have such a strong feelings last time? My closest friend is my laptop. I saw lanscape which made me gasp in Egypt last time. Not so bad, but I don't want my life to be like this.

1 comment:

Disposition21 said...

Hello! I like your blog. I am interested in journalism, and travelling too. I live in Russia now and my blog is actually about Russia, but it's in the greek language (I am from Greece). There are photos there, but I really wish you could somehow read it :)
Yannis