Thursday, November 27, 2008

Small things

Enough AIESEC stuff. A bit about my life here.

I live in Hassan, which means quite close to downtown - just 5 minutes walk from central station, main street and 10 minutes from Hassan tower. But it is different than in Russia - the coolest and richest neighborhoods are FAR from medina (old city). In Russia it is opposite - closer to Kremlin you live, the better and more expensive. Definetely, "Rublevka" is a very special part of the city, but I am talking about appartements, not houses now. Most of the fancy cafes and other "going out" places are in Agdal, as I could notice (btw, taxi from Agdal to Hassan is about 5 dihrams, half a euro, so for me as former Moscow citizen it doesnt really matter).

It is not warm at all today. Comparing to summer. Comparing to Moscow in december, it is hot;) Because when it is raining for two days, but rain drops fall on palm-trees and other greenish-green flora, you cant complain:)

I am buying stuff by myself and cooking, so far using supermarkets mostly (my french didnt go farther than "cafe au lait", still afraid to start speaking). But Simo tells that I am answering "sava" in french way, so may be soon i will reach fluent french, ha-ha.

Actually, I am starting to love my new team (I was extremely jelaous, when my former MC-members were telling this about their previous and new teams, and now telling so by myself). They are nice people, all special. But, to tell the truth, even more disorganized than anything you could imagine (I am talking to Russians), CEE approach is REALLY something "3 concrete points" and DIFFERENT from other GNs I have been working or talking so far.

Back to life - every morning I start with home-made orange juice: buy 6 fresh oranges for 2,6 dihrams = 10 rubles, cut one, squeeze, enjoy.
Whats more - we have such a huge "salon" - living room in our flat, with 3 sofas, that It even looks like "have party here!" My life is not balanced yet, so I am mostly working for AIESEC, instead of hosting parties or studies. Sometimes I am scared of how little time I have and how many things want to do...

By the way, it seems that on Sunday I am going to Marrakech and Settat for LC visits. Wohooooo!
***

I am in Morocco.
Marjam in Malaysia.
Maso in Australia.
Janie in Pakistan.
Ivan in Belgium.
Ira in UK.
Jerry in Stockholm.

Who else from CEE Leadership team 07-08 is doing what?

No comments: